- Itinerary: Denmark Program
- Video: Kirkwood Abroad Faculty-Led Program
- Facebook Video produced by student
The Course: GLS-120 Education Experience Abroad
This program was developed through a partnership between Zealand Institute of Business and Technology (ZIBAT) in Denmark and Kirkwood in the United States. You will explore comparative differences between the United States, Denmark and the entire European community, with emphasis in entrepreneurship, creativity and innovation. You will study, work and travel together with Danish college students focusing on topics like: how to start up a new company, trend analysis, cultural differences and communication styles.
Welcome to Denmark - the happiest place on Earth! This Scandinavian country– located just north of Germany – is your destination for study abroad. Denmark features beautiful landscapes, eco-friendly cities, while still maintaining medieval Viking charm. Once the seat of Viking raiders, Denmark has evolved into a modern, prosperous nation. It’s a modern market economy with up-to-date, small-scale and corporate industry, extensive government welfare measures, comfortable living standards, a stable currency and a high dependence on foreign trade. The Danes have a very ordered but happy lifestyle. To them, life is meant to be lived not spent in an office. In this program you will spend time in the cool harbor town of Roskilde and in Denmark’s largest city and cultural hub, Copenhagen, known for spectacular architecture, vibrant city life and friendly locals.
- Work in multicultural teams with students from Zealand Institute of Business (ZIBAT) in Denmark on a hands-on global business project
- Visit local and international businesses like Pandora Jewelry, Carlsberg Brewery and Peter Beier
- Engage in cultural excursions (Bike ride through Danish countryside Roskilde Cathedral, Rosenborg Castle, Viking Ship Museum, Tivoli garden)
- Experience life in Roskilde and Copenhagen
Estimated Program Fee: $3,950
$1,000 Global Advantage Scholarship available!
- Round Trip Airfare
- Housing in Roskilde and Copenhagen
- Some meals
- Health Insurance
- Many Cultural Excursions
- Most in-country transportation
- Tuition: 3 Credits, Summer 2019
- Passport Fee
- Personal Expenses
Todd Saville, Financial Services
Nielsen Hall room 123