Australia, Applied Science
Australia Semester– Applied Science (AAS) or Career Programs
Semester Options at Box Hill TAFE (Melbourne, Australia)
- Architecture and Building Trades, Culinary Arts, Hotel Management, Early Childhood Education
$2,000 Global Advantage Scholarship for qualified students with a 2.5 GPA or higher.
Spring 2019 Semester: October 15, 2018
Fall 2019 Semester: March 15, 2019
The Study Abroad Experience:
Your home base will be Box Hill Institute, located in Melbourne, Australia. This cosmopolitan, multi-cultural capital is Australia’s second-largest city, with more than three million people of more than 140 different nationalities. The student-friendly atmosphere helps make Melbourne one of the most livable cities in the world. You will experience an amazing city outside your door and outstanding academics with experiential learning opportunities.
The Global Education Network offers its students the opportunity to study internationally at Box Hill Institute in Australia. Students can gain a unique advantage – preparing for work in a global environment. Students will be enrolled in formal classes at a host college, and, pending visa arrangements, may choose to work abroad to supplement savings. You will receive academic credit for the academic courses you complete on exchange, live the lifestyle of students in the host country, make new friends and have the opportunity to form lasting relationships.
While studying in Australia, it is the students responsibility to find living accommodations in Melbourne. There are types of accommodation options are available to international students. The Box Hill International Student Services Office provides assistance in helping students choose. Some of the living options include homestays or living in an apartment.
1. Review information on Box Hill Institute and Melbourne Australia.
2. Make an appointment to meet with a Study Abroad Advisor.
Visit: International Programs, 1154 Linn Hall, Cedar Rapids Main Campus
3. Start an online application for study abroad. This application includes a Statement of Purpose and two faculty recommendations.
4. Meet with your academic advisor to review your degree audit and program completion plan for your AAS Degree.
5. Complete a Semester Course Approval Form with the assistance of your academic advisor, faculty and the study abroad advisor.
6. Interview with study abroad committee.
7. Complete exchange application with Box Hill with the help of the study abroad advisor and prepare for travel abroad! (Book tickets, housing, etc)
Ken Nesbett, Study Abroad Advisor
International Programs Office, 1154 Linn Hall