Creative Funding Ideas
Planning ahead and budgeting for your study abroad experience is very important. Try putting away a little extra away each month to help save for your study abroad payments. Students have also been successful using a variety of creative measures. Some ideas include:
- Asking family members, your church or a community organization: Does Grandma or your Great Aunt Elanor usually buy you something for your birthday or an important holiday? Discuss your desire to study abroad! Often family members are more willing to help when they understand this is an educational experience which will help advance your personal, professional and academic goals!
- Fundraising in a group or as an individual: You can start fundraising for study abroad before you are selected by starting a campaign on social media or by simply starting the conversation with your personal networks. Once you are selected for study abroad, some groups have done fundraising as a group through a variety of measures.
How it works:
Start your campaign
- Create a page showcasing your cause.
- Why are you passionate about traveling abroad?
- Collect donations from your network of friends.