Canada - Project Management
Application Deadline: Extended to April 30!
$1,500 Global Advantage Scholarship Available, reduces cost to $1,400.
Program Sheet: Canada 2017 Program Sheet.pdf
PowerPoint from Info Session: Let's Go to Canada 2017 .pdf
Study Abroad Experience:
Study Project Management beautiful in Calgary, Canada, a modern city with a population of over one million residents. The city grew out of the Canadian West and boomed due to the abundance of oil in northern Alberta province. Calgary balances the modern and the traditional with pioneer charm. You will experience the western influence by completing a project with the annual Calgary Stampede, complete with rodeos, parades, concerts, rides, food and shows. Year-round you'll find abundant shopping, dining and nightlife and you are a short drive away are some of Canada's finest national parks like Banff and Lake Louise.
Project Management Basics: MGT-121 Students from our GEN (Global Education Network) partner schools in Australia, Singapore, Canada and the United States will be organized into multicultural teams to study the processes of project management and learn how to apply project management concepts to the real-world setting. This program will be hosted at Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) in Calgary. The course will provide hands-on opportunities, for students to get involved with a special project designed by SAIT at the world-famous Calgary Stampede.
- Gain valuable project based experience
- Excursions to Rocky Mountains, Banff National Park and Lake Louise
- Build leadership, teamwork and management skills
- Make friendships with students from Australia, Canada, Singapore, and US
- Round trip Airfare
- Cultural Excursions (Rocky Mountains, Lake Louise, etc)
- Housing in SAIT residence halls
- Some Meals
- Most in-country transportation
- International Health insurance
- Tuition (Summer, 2017, 3 credits)
- Passport Fee
- Personal spending money
Ken Nesbett, Study Abroad Advisor
1154 Linn Hall
Jim Off, Faculty Leader