Apply by December 1, 2017
Info Session: Thursday, October 5, 11:15 am, Nielsen Hall 127
Travel the beautiful country of Vietnam and visit the busy streets of Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) and the capital, Hanoi. Discover the people, culture, food and global impact this amazing country has on the world.
Printable Program Sheet and Itinerary: 2018 Vietnam Program
Kirkwood participants will partner with students from Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology’s (RMIT) campuses in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi & Melbourne Australia to gain a real life global business experience. The program will begin in Ho Chi Minh City where we will visit the Ben Thanh Market, Mekong Delta, Cu Chi Tunnels, War Remnants Museum and work with our RMIT partners. The 2nd half of the experience will take us north to Hanoi where we will visit the Museum of Ethnology and House of Literature, view a traditional water puppet show, and take an excursion to Ha Long Bay
- Work in multicultural teams on a real business case with an actual company in Vietnam throughout the semester virtually and then in person
- Multicultural teams will include RMIT students from Vietnam & Australia in a global business project (what a resume builder!
- Travel to one of the largest exporters of textiles and coffee in the world.
- Learn about the distinct cultural differences in South & North Vietnam.
- Visit Ho Chi Minh City, the exciting, most populated city in Vietnam (formerly known as Saigon).
- Visit Hanoi, Vietnam's Capital
- Excursions to the Mekong Delta, Chu Chi Tunnels & Ha Long Bay
- Cultural excursions to the War Remnants Museum, Water Puppet Show, House of Literature and Vietnam Museum of Ethnology
- Visit the bustling Ben Thanh and Old Quarter Markets (great shopping deals!)
- Experience Vietnamese food, culture and daily life
Program Fee: $3,400
$1,000 Global Advantage Scholarship Available!
- Round Trip Airfare
- In-country transportation
- Some meals
- Cultural Excursions
- Health Insurance
- Tuition (3 credits, Summer 2018)
- Personal Spending Money
- Passport Fee
Lori Merlak, Assistant Professor of Management and Coordinator of the Business Administration Management AAS program has been actively involved with study abroad programs since 2011. She has travelled with students to central Brazil to study Agriculture Business and Ireland where she co-lead another RMIT partnered program. She is passionate about global awareness and cultural acceptance and is excited to lead this program to Vietnam in May.
Mark Abel, Professor-Coordinator of Marketing/Management Program. has over 30 years of experience in education, he has a strong understanding of Career and International Education, working with many International students, plus 12 years’ experience developing study abroad programs business for students in Denmark, England, Germany, Sweden, Australia, Ireland and Vietnam. In 2011, Mark together with RMIT University (Melbourne, Australia) developed an innovative Global Student Educational Project; a partnership which continues to this day. Mark has a passion for teaching and international education and its developments and wants to continue these collaborative efforts with students and colleges in an ever-changing world.